As I walked into LUSH Cosmetics the first thing I noticed was the wonderful aroma I was greeted with. The second thing I noticed was the woman to my left getting a foot bath and light massage.
Having never stepped inside a LUSH Cosmetics shop before, i’ll admit, I was intimidated. I didn’t know what to do or where to go and I didn’t understand what products they sold. Thankfully I didn’t have to wait long before I was greeted by manager Sara Dunbar who gave me an exclusive tour of the store.
Our first stop was at the Fresh Masks station where Sara helped me to choose two Fresh Facemasks handcrafted to deal with my specific problem areas. How fresh are these Facemasks? So fresh that they had to be refrigerated and used within three weeks of purchase (an expiration date is included on the package. You are supposed to use them every other day and they cost $6.95. *Tip: Sara told me that Cosmetic Warrior is great if you are battling a breakout.
Next we looked at the moisturizers (located right above the Fresh Facemasks) including one called Gorgeous that was made especially for Princess Diana to hep rejuvenate and brighten her skin. The steamer tabs are also a fun, must try item. You take one of the tabs, drop it into a bowl of hot water, and you will give yourself a homemade facial experience.
LUSH offers a wide range of skincare products including your daily face cleanser. These cleansers were unlike any I have ever seen with their solid form but Sara, our guide, swears by them. Angels on Bareskin is a bestseller so that might be a good one to try first.
LUSH offers a wide range of natural body products and my favorite were the body scrubs. Sara introduced me to a product called Rub Rub Rub that not only cleans you like a shower gel but it also rubs you like a shower scrub. Use it in conjunction with a body conditioner like Ro’s Argan and your soft smooth skin will thank you for it.
And of course, there is soap at LUSH. Or no, more specifically, there are bath bombs, bubble bars, and bath melts that can make your water sparkle, make luxurious bubbles, and give you an excellent aroma. There are also massage bars to help you relax and soaps that are unlike any other kind of soap you have ever bought. If you visit LUSH, you must get at least one of these delicious treats.
LUSH does not just offer fresh handmade cosmetics; they offer a health and beauty lifestyle that has been re-imagined. Every type of product that you can think of when it comes to skincare or haircare has been remixed to do more than just your typical cleanser or toner. That makes the LUSH shopping experience unique but also a bit daunting. You will need help finding your way through the store if it’s your first visit but you will discover a new store to treasure once you are done.
Follow these tips to make your first or next trip to LUSH a success:
- If it’s your first trip, find a friendly sales associate and have them navigate you through the store. They can help you to find the products best suited to your needs.
- Know what type of products (face, hair, body, shower, bath) you are looking for before you step in so you can go right to that section and browse the selection.
- Try everything. You will notice a lot of bowls with water around the store to help you do just that.
- Treat yourself to a luxurious bubble bar or a soap if you don’t have a tub. They are too pretty not to buy at least one!
- Remember that products at LUSH expire. They are made fresh so you will need to be timely about using them. Packages contain an expiration date.
- If you forget the directions on how to use a product, no worries! You can find very helpful videos on their website.
- Don’t buy everything at once. Find one product you want to try and if you like it, go back and add to your collection of LUSH products. Remember, their products offer a lifestyle not just a beauty solution.
Visit LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics at 1525 Walnut St| Philadelphia, Pennsylvania| 19102