The Golden Globes have come and gone and once more we’re left with nothing to do but dissect what the stars wore. And to sum up my overall reaction to this years dress choices- I was bored, very bored. So many of the gowns seemed far too safe or plain for an opportunity to get so dressed up. Other Globes attendees wore dresses that gave them awkward shapes and cuts, as was the case with Marion Cotillard in Dior & Chopard, Lena Dunham in Zac Posen, and Claire Danes in Versace.
But even is a sea of
ugly very boring dresses there were still a few stars who managed to stand out either because they were some of the best dressed or, because they were the absolute worst. The best dressed were able to bring some drama and style to the event while the worst left me thinking that they had to be wearing the dresses to garner some attention.
Lets just hope that everyone was saving their real best dress for the Oscars coming up November 24th.
1. Kerri Washington in Miu Miu & Chopard: Kerri looks absolutely stunning. The look is dramatic, unexpected, and simply beautiful.
2. Jennifer Garner in Vivienne Westwood Couture: The color, the fabric, everything is working for Jennifer in this dress.
3. Amy Adams in Marchesa: I always love Marchesa and I love Amy in this dress.
1. Halle Berry in Atelier Versace: This has to be a joke right? Like her appearance in Movie 43…
2. Lucy Liu in Carolina Herrera: Really? Carolina Herrera made this? I do like Lucy’s hair though!
3. Taylor Swift in Donna Karan: Doesn’t this dress just seem way too old for her?
Who was your pick for best and worst dressed?