I don’t know about you, but ever since I graduated from Penn last May I have avoided University City like the plague. There’s just one too many college kids roaming around for me to want to hang out on that side of the Market Street Bridge. But after our visit to Piper Boutique yesterday, that’s going to have to change.
Located next to the Starbucks on 34th and Walnut, Piper Boutique offers trendy, fashion forward pieces for a surprisingly affordable price.
Almost everything in the store retails for under $100, which is perfect for the college students who serve as their main market but the price and the selection is ideal for post graduate life as well.
Piper Boutique carries brands like House of Harlow- Nicole Richie’s jewelry line, BB Dakota, Urban Expressions, and Street Level.
Piper is like a trendier urban outfitters where all of your friends don’t also have the same shirt. There are pieces for all occasions including casual looks for day, blouses that can be worn for business, and a lot of great choices for evenings out. Their sizes are a standard S, M, L.
I have to admit I was surprised at how much I liked Piper Boutique. While this is not necessarily a store for you to shop your staples, it is an excellent choice to shop for those seasonal statement pieces for your wardrobe. I was also impressed at the quality of their clothing selection given the price point. These clothes are not made from materials that will fall apart after one delicate cycle in the washer.
Piper Boutique is a great choice if you’re looking for unique jewelry, to try the seasons hottest trends, or you just want to add some color, print, or sequins to your closet. It is absolutely worth a trip to University City.
Follow these tips when you go:
- While the boutique offers a fairly large selection, the store is not huge. Go on a Saturday which is their slow day and avoid the crowds.
- The staff there is really friendly and more than happy to style you in the seasons latest trends.
- Check out their selection of blouses for an easy way to update your work wardrobe.
- Check out the jewelry selection, its amazing!
- Mention that you read this article at Philly Fashionistas and you can get a 20% discount on your purchase.
Check out photos of Piper Boutique:
What do you think of Piper Boutique?